Have you been experiencing chronic sinusitis and found no long-term solution?
Balloon Sinuplasty might be for you.
Balloon Sinuplasty (BSP) is a safe and effective sinus procedure for chronic sinusitis patients seeking relief from uncomfortable sinus pain symptoms. This procedure is minimally invasive because there is no cutting of nasal bone or tissue and almost 400,000 patients have been treated with BPS in the United States.
Fayetteville Otolaryngology’s ENT doctors are the only Ear, Nose & Throat doctors in the Fayetteville area to perform Balloon Sinuplasty in the office. BSP is safe and a less invasive procedure where after local anesthesia, a soft and flexible guide wire is gently inserted into the blocked sinus. Then the balloon is advanced over the guidewire and is inflated to gently expand the sinus opening. Next the balloon system is removed, leaving the sinus sanitized, free of debris and open.
After the surgery, it takes around 10-15 min to recover from the anesthesia and the patient should refrain from sneezing or blowing their nose for 24 hours. For most patients, it takes around two days to fully recover from a Balloon Sinuplasty procedure.
Here are a few of the benefits of Balloon Sinuplasty:
- The results, BPS last around 2 years, which is significantly longer than traditional sinus surgeries.
- Local anesthesia, an option for patients who decline or are ineligible for general anesthesia.
- Fast recovery, most patients can return to work or normal activities in 2 days.
- Comfortable surroundings, receive the procedure at Fayetteville Otolaryngology instead of the hospital.
- High patient satisfaction, majority of patients would recommend Balloon Sinuplasty to their friends and families.
- Potential for significant cost savings, some eligible patients may have the opportunity to have lower out-of-pocket costs if the procedure is performed in a lower cost care setting, for example a physician’s office.
If you or a loved one suffer from chronic sinus infections, sinus pain or pressure, it’s time to do something about it. Call Fayetteville Otolaryngology at 910-249-6102 or schedule an appointment.